B. This policy applies solely to the web site located at www.uzio.com. Since this is a growing web site and because Internet technologies are constantly evolving, these guidelines are subject to change at any time and any changes will be posted on this page.
- “Personal Information” shall mean all data and/or information provided by, for and about you. If you are a User of our services, you voluntarily submit data and/or information. Such data and/or information may include personally identifiable and payment information.
- “Company’s web site” shall mean all web sites on which Uzio, Inc. provides products, information and/or services.
- ” You ” shall mean all users of Company’s web site and products/services, including Employees, Contractors, the Public or Customers.
- “Products, Information and Services” shall mean all products, information and/or services provided by Uzio, Inc., its advertisers or 3rdparty vendors.
- “Registration Information” shall mean the Personal Information we request in the registration process, allowing you to access our products, information and services and which you voluntarily provide.
- “Account Profile” shall mean the Company’s web site page(s) where the Personal Information that you have provided is displayed, in compliance with your consent and agreement. It also means your individual account.
D. When your account is established, you will be issued a username and password that should be protected by you. No one from Company will ever ask you for your password. You should never give your password to anyone who you do not authorize for access to your Account Profile.
E. If Company believes that the security of your personal information (including your username and password) becomes compromised, then we will attempt to notify you within a reasonable time. You consent to our use of e-mail or phone numbers you have provided as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use a different method to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
II. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
A. In order to use certain services on our web site, either now or in the future, you may be asked for, or you may choose to provide, certain personally identifiable information such as name, email address, postal address, credit card and similar information. The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Demographic information
- Credit card information
- Health information
- Other financial information
By submitting your information to us, you are also authorizing Company and its partners to contact you directly by e-mail and telephone with information about health insurance products they offer that match your inquiry. You expressly consent to receive phone calls and emails regardless of whether you are on any Federal or state DNC (“Do Not Call”) and/or DNE (“Do Not Email”) list or registry.
B. Company will not collect personally identifiable information from you while you use the web site unless you voluntarily provide it to us or authorize us to collect such information.
III. Use of Personally Identifiable Information
A. Company may use or disclose personally identifiable information in order to operate and manage our web site, to provide services that you have requested, either now or in the future, or respond to your inquires or requests.
C. Company will never sell or share your information to any 3rd party not affiliated with Company, without your consent, except in connection with the sale or merger of Uzio, Inc.
IV. Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Company does collect and track certain non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to, IP addresses and browser type, access times, domain names, usage habits and other information which does not specifically identify any individual.
V. Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Company may use and/or disclose non-personally identifiable information for any number of reasons, including but not limited to, working with business partners, vendors and contractors, as well as for improving our web site and services.
VI. Rules for Submissions and Messages
A. Responsibility for what is posted on our web site, in discussion groups, blogs or other public forums, lies with you; you, alone, are responsible for the content of your messages and the consequences of any such messages.
B. Company cannot, and does not, review every submission you may make. Company neither endorses nor guarantees the accuracy or propriety of any submission.
VII. User Conduct
A. User understands that all information, data, text, graphics, messages or other materials (“Content”), are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, not Company, is entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit.
B. Company does not control the Content posted and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content.
C. You agree not to use Company web site in order to:
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Company officials, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the web site or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page);
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the servers or networks connected to Company web site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the site;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the United States and its political subdivisions, and any other regulations having the force of law;
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- Collect or store personal data about others who use our web site;
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals;
- Engage in commercial activities without the express written consent of Company. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Offering for sale any products, information or services;
- Soliciting for advertisers, employees or sponsors;
- Conducting raffles or contests that require an entry fee;
- Displaying a sponsorship banner of any kind, including those that are generated by banner or link exchange web sites; or,
- Displaying banners for web sites that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites.
VIII. Cookies and how are they used
X. What about data security?
- To ensure the security of your data, including address information and credit card data, Company always uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our web site.
- Company has instituted appropriate security measures that protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that Company has collected from you, including use of Entrust’s 128- bit SSL encryption. For on-line purchases and transactions, credit card information voluntarily provided to us by you is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. Absolutely no use, whatsoever, is made of credit card information aside from purchases on this web site and there is no disclosure to 3rd parties, except as required for the credit card processing or as otherwise required under law.
- We also protect information by placing it on a secure portion of our web site that is only accessible by certain qualified Company employees, contractors or vendors. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
XI. Opt-out Upon termination of your Account, whether by Company or voluntarily, Company will automatically terminate web site access to all personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. Such personally identifiable information will be maintained by Company and will be stored on a secure server, as required by law.
XII. Spyware Company never uses or installs spyware on your computer, nor do we use spyware to retrieve information from your computer.
XIII. Newsletters In the event that we distribute electronic newsletters or RSS feeds, now or in the future, we will collect e-mail addresses and may collect zip codes and other information of all those who subscribe to these publications. Anyone who wishes to stop receiving the electronic newsletter can, at any time, click on the “Unsubscribe” feature located within each electronic newsletter.
XIV. California Residents Privacy Rights
- Companies that collect personally-identifiable information from California residents and disclose such information to 3rd parties (including affiliated entities) for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either
- provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or
- provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with 3rd-Parties.
- In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
XV. CAN-SPAM Compliance
- Uzio is committed to be compliant with all Federal regulations, including the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
- User may “opt-out” of any communication from Uzio at any time, by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from Uzio. In addition, User may contact us at our support email address, support@Uzio.com, requesting to be removed from our mailing list.
- Unsubscribing from communications from Uzio does not guarantee that User will no longer receive communications from our 3rdparty advertisers and/or vendors.
- Uzio cannot control the policies of our 3rd party advertisers and/or vendors, nor can we guarantee or represent their compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act or any other state or Federal law.