Technology has transformed the way we do business in almost every industry, and staffing is no exception. By leveraging the power of technology, staffing companies can streamline their operations, improve their efficiency, and find and hire the best candidates faster. In this post, we’ll explore some of the ways to maximize the use of technology in staffing operations. From automating repetitive tasks to using applicant tracking systems and social media, there are many ways to make technology work for you.
We will list down key staffing operations and how technology can help automate these operations.
- Automate repetitive tasks: There are many tasks in hiring that are repetitive and time-consuming, such as posting job ads, sorting resumes, and scheduling interviews. By using technology to automate these tasks, you can free up your time to focus on more important tasks, such as building relationships with clients and candidates.
- Use applicant tracking systems (ATS): An ATS is a software tool that helps you manage the entire recruitment process, from posting job ads to tracking resumes and scheduling interviews. A good ATS will make it easier for you to find the best candidates for the job and streamline the hiring process.
- Utilize social media: Social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook can be powerful tools for finding and attracting top talent. By using social media to promote your job openings and engage with potential candidates, you can reach a wider pool of qualified applicants.
- Leverage video conferencing: With the rise of remote work, video conferencing has become an essential tool for staffing operations. You can use video conferencing to conduct interviews with candidates who are not in the same location, which can save time and money on travel.
A good HRIS tool like the one provided by UZIO, can fully automate the onboarding process for employees. Here are some examples:
- HRIS tool which is integrated with the ATS package used by the staffing agency, would allow the information of the newly hired candidates to be directly loaded into the HRIS tool without the need for any manual entry. Once the information is loaded into the HRIS tool, it will kick off the onboarding process.
- Electronic signatures: New hires can electronically sign all of the necessary forms and documents, such as the offer letter and non-disclosure agreement, from anywhere, reducing the need for in-person meetings.
- Online forms: New hires can fill out all of the necessary paperwork, such as the I-9 and W-4 forms, online. This eliminates the need for hard copies and makes it easier for HR to store and access the information.
- Automated email campaigns: New hires can receive automated emails that provide them with information about the company, its culture, and the onboarding process. These emails can include links to resources such as training materials and company handbooks.
- Self-paced training: New hires can complete their training at their own pace, using a variety of methods such as video, interactive modules, and quizzes. This eliminates the need for in-person training sessions and allows the new hire to learn at a pace that works best for them.
- Self-service portals: New hires can use a self-service portal to access all of the information and resources they need, including benefits information, company policies, and their schedule. This eliminates the need for HR staff to manually provide this information to new hires.
- Automated reminders: New hires can receive automated reminders about upcoming training, and other onboarding process milestones, this way they can stay on track and finish the process on time.
Overall, automating onboarding can save time for both HR staff and new hires, and help ensure that new hires have access to all the information they need to get started in their new role.
Employees can use a web-based or mobile time clock application to punch in and out, regardless of their location.
The modern mobile time tracking applications also have “geo fencing” capabilities. This means the employer can “geofence” the employees so that they can punch in and punch out only from the specified location.
Using the time tracking system, managers can view and approve employee time reports online, which eliminates the need for manual approvals and makes it easier to track employee hours.
These tools typically integrate with the payroll software, allowing for seamless transfer of employee hours to the payroll system.
There are several ways that technology can automate payroll functions for a staffing agency:
- Automatic payroll calculations: Payroll software can automatically calculate employee wages based on their hours worked, overtime pay, and any other factors such as bonuses or commissions. This eliminates the need for manual calculations, and reduces the risk of errors.
- Direct deposit: Payroll software can enable direct deposit of employee paychecks, eliminating the need to manually distribute physical checks.
- Tax and compliance management: Payroll software can automatically calculate and deduct employee taxes, and handle compliance with federal and state tax laws. This eliminates the need for manual calculations and reduces the risk of errors.
- Online access to pay stubs and tax documents: Employees can access their pay stubs, W-2s and other tax documents online, allowing them to easily download and print the documents they need.
- Integrated with other systems: Payroll software can integrate with other systems such as time tracking, Human Resources, Benefits, and accounting software. This allows for seamless transfer of employee data, and eliminates the need for manual data entry.
- Automated reminders: Software can send automated reminders to employees regarding their pay schedule, and due date for submitting any required paperwork, helping to avoid delays and ensure that the payroll process runs smoothly.
There are several ways that technology can automate the invoicing and billing functions of a staffing agency:
- Automated time tracking: Staffing agencies can use time tracking software to automatically track the hours worked by employees, and generate invoices based on the hours worked. This eliminates the need for manual time tracking and invoicing, and ensures that invoices are accurate.
- Online invoicing: Staffing agencies can use online invoicing software to create and send invoices to clients. This eliminates the need for manual invoicing, and makes it easier for clients to view and pay their invoices.
- Integrated with accounting software: Invoicing software can integrate with accounting software, allowing for seamless transfer of data and eliminating the need for manual data entry. This can also help with generating financial reports and tracking the billing process.
- Credit card and electronic payments: Staffing agencies can use invoicing software that accepts credit card and electronic payments, making it easy for clients to pay their invoices quickly and securely.
- Automated reminders: Software can send automated reminders to clients regarding their invoices, and due dates for payments, helping to avoid delays in receiving payments.
- Recurring invoicing: Software can automate the process of creating and sending recurring invoices for services that are provided on a regular basis (e.g. monthly, weekly), this eliminates the need for manual creation and sending of those invoices.
- Customizable invoice templates: Invoicing software often comes with a variety of customizable invoice templates, allowing staffing agencies to easily create invoices that conform to their branding, this can also help them to save time and effort.
In conclusion, technology has the power to revolutionize staffing operations by automating tasks, streamlining processes, and making it easier to find and hire top talent. By investing in the right tools and training your team to use them effectively, you can greatly improve your efficiency and competitiveness. Ideally instead of buying different software tools for different functions, you should look for a vendor like UZIO which offers an all-in-one platform specifically built for staffing agencies to automate all their key functions. Please give us a call or request a demo of our platform, if you are interested in knowing more about it.